Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation



Tomorrow is my daughter's "Kindergarten Graduation" - an evening where we get to go and watch the kids parade across the stage in little graduation gowns and sing songs and recite poems, and generally, be very proud.  It may not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, the finishing of kindergarten, but to me it's pretty monumental.  I can't believe my baby girl, my beautiful little angel, is entering academia.  Soon, she will be in grade one, which will mark the beginning of a grueling twelve plus years of schooling.  Kindergarten is great, and readies our kids for academic learning, and my little girl is definitely ready.

I remember so clearly the day she was born, gazing down at her in my arms and at the wonder of this new creation.  I remember thinking she would be little forever.  I just couldn't imagine her as a grown up girl, and yet, she is doing just that.  She is growing up before my eyes!  Just yesterday I looked at her and realized that she no longer has that cute little baby face.  She changes every day!  I know I'm not the only parent to say this, but where has the time gone?

My big girl is growing into such a beautiful young woman, and I just know that she is going to be successful in everything she tries.  She is compassionate, funny, kind and full of life, and I just adore her.  Tomorrow night, I'm going to be one proud mom.  Having kids is the best thing I ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment