Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Little Incentive

I did something crazy today.  It was something totally out of character for me, and something I haven't done since I was thirteen years old.  What did I do that was so crazy?  I can tell you this, I never thought I would do it again for the rest of my life.  In my short lifetime, I have grown and matured past this kind of thing, but now, as I cling to my youth, I find it less and less impossible.  Especially with my recent weight loss. 

I bought a bikini. 

Yes, me.  I who, for most of my life have felt self-conscious wearing shorts, and have always worn something over my swim suit, purchased a skimpy, stringy bikini.  And I fully intend to wear it.

I tried it on in private when I got home, because I was too embarrassed to do so at the store, and I have to say, it didn't look bad!  There are a few areas I am still not a hundred percent happy about, but I think with some work it will look more than just not bad.  Now, I feel like I have some incentive to get out of this rut I have put myself in with the overeating and the not exercising.  I am going to wear that thing, whether I look hot or not, so I guess I better get moving.

Today I made myself a work out calendar.  I made a plan as to what areas I am going to target each day, and I have decided to reward myself at the end of the month, or even at the end of each week if I have every day checked off.  I need some serious external motivation, and I'm really hoping this works for me!  I have to force myself back into a routine.  I have to be vigilant.  I have to stick to my guns this time.  My goal of toning my body starts now, and when I really take a good look at myself in the mirror, I have to admit that while I do have a lot of work ahead, I am well on my way. 

So, here's to bikinis this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment