Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's All Over!

As you are all very well aware, I have had a stressful month or so.  We've been living in our new place for a week now, and I must say, I am so pleased!  The stress level has gone way down, and I actually feel like I am starting to settle and wind down.  So many good things are in the works!

First, my sister moved in on Monday.  It's been such an awesome week!  She has been immensely helpful with the unpacking and with the kids (and the laundry!!!), not to mention that it's been so fantastic just to be around her.  Our story has been complicated and more than a little heartbreaking.  We were separated by our circumstances for about ten years, and we've now found our way back to each other.  Living with her makes me realize just how little I know about her life, and the things she has done!  There was so much I wasn't there to see and be a part of, but now that doesn't have to fill me with regret.  It's going to be exciting to learn about her more and more, and get to hear her stories about growing up.  Just because I wasn't there back then doesn't mean I can't be there now, and that is what I fully intend to do.  It's going to be amazing.  She is amazing, and now I get to see her every day.  Awesome.

I'm also ready to open my day home again, and that's actually exciting too.  I am looking forward to getting into a routine and using this great space I have created for the kids.  I have made the main floor living room into a play room for the day home, and I really like how it has turned out.  I feel like it's going to work really well.  I don't feel like their space is encroaching on my space at all.  I have a separation from the play room and the family room downstairs (which is a kid free domain, excepting my own children), and I love it.

I also just love, love, love this house.  It was such an answer to prayer.  I was hoping for a full house, where I could see my daughter's school from the door, that had a great yard and enough room to accommodate my whole family plus the day home.  I got everything!  It's even in the price range I was hoping for.  There were even some perks, like the two man jacuzzi tub in my bedroom!  Oh my gosh, it is amazing.  The day after we moved in, when everything hurt and my fingers were raw and sore from scrubbing the old place, I sat in that tub for about two hours, just laying on the jets and letting my body unwind.  My legs were like rubber when I got out!  I will do this often I think!  There is also a garage, which is amazing, and the whole house is air conditioned.  My kids also have a room they can share that actually has space for all their toys plus some play space of their very own too.  Man, I love this house.

So, that's all the positive stuff that's happening right now!  It almost makes my recent little bit of weight gain feel less awful.  In the past month I have not been dealing with the stress very well, and I am definitely showing it in the mirror.  This isn't the end of the world though.  Now that we're moved, I can get back into a fitness routine and start taking the reigns back on my eating.  I feel good about the direction I'm going, and a few pounds back isn't all fifty back.  As long as I keep myself in check and stay motivated to maintain my healthy lifestyle, I will be okay.  I will never be 210 again.  I will never even be 170 again, and I'm sticking to that resolve. 

I will also be able to put some focus back into my writing and editing projects now that I am starting to get settled.  I will have a routine, and I plan to work in about an hour a day of writing or editing.  I want to finish this novel I've been working on for a year so I can start my editing process on that.

There is so much great stuff going on right now, and honestly, I just feel good - which is a wonderful change.

No comments:

Post a Comment