Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Home Stretch

Two more days, and I will be officially moved.  It feels like it will never come, and at the same time like I don't have enough time to finish packing.  I haven't been able to sleep all week long either.  I'm so wound up about this move that my brain won't shut itself off and when I go to bed, I don't fall asleep for at least an hour.  The bags under my eyes are almost black - I look awful. 

Despite the chronic tiredness, I am feeling a sense of excitement and anticipation!  We already have the keys to the new place, and have been moving things a little each night for the past few days.  It's such a wonderful, perfect place.  I just want to get there and be rid of the house we are crammed into right now.  It feels like we are busting at the seams, and have been since the little one was born.  I love all the possibilities of newness that are coming.  I can't wait to set up my playroom for the day home, and our own family room and have it be separate!

I know I've written about the move several times already, but it's my world right now.  What I am finding is that it's hard to pull the energy out of myself when it's not being refueled properly each night.  I'm also finding (not that I don't know this already) that I have a difficult time dealing with stress.  I am irritable, tired, cranky, feel like crying all the time, feel like vomiting all the time, and I can't shake the feeling that I shouldn't be sitting down or taking a break because there's just too much to do.  On top of that, I am working long days - 7:30 - 5:30 - and I can't really do a lot of packing during that time.  So, my poor body is taking all the damage from this stress.  I try to look at the bigger picture, and know that by this time on Sunday, I can wash my hands clean of this place and focus solely on setting up the new one and getting ready for my sister to move in.  But my impatience is really getting to me...

So I plug away with the end of the road in sight.  Better just make sure the coffee pot is always full until it's all said and done.

1 comment:

  1. The end is near... I'm so excited for you and to have your sister move in too!!!!! Awesome, Awesome

    ReplyDelete