Friday, July 22, 2011

Change is in the Air

I have been feeling for some time that there were some big changes coming for myself and my family.  In the last year, many of those changes have begun to come about.  My husband is almost done his graphic design program and will soon be moving back into some normalcy with his work and his schedule.  We never intended for him to have to work full time while he attended school, but circumstances dictated that he had to.  This meant that since January, he has been out of the house for a minimum of 12 hours a day, often more.  My kids have missed their dad, and I have missed having my husband around to help out with everything.

But, he is almost done and we are so excited!  By September, his program will be complete and he won't have to do two things at once anymore.  It's pretty amazing how quickly it has gone, and I must say, I am glad.  It takes a lot of courage to strike out on a different path when you have a wife and two kids to support, and I truly admire my husband.  It has been difficult, both emotionally and financially, but we're almost there!

The next few months are bringing about yet more change in my household, and though I am a little nervous, I am excited to see it all happen.  First, we are moving in just over a week (and I'm not even close to ready!), and my fabulous sister is moving in with us.  This is what I am most excited about.  Not only do I get a lovely new house, with more room for my growing family, but I get to live with my baby sister (who by the way is all grown up now).  I haven't lived with her since I was 16 - nearly half my life!  I am so happy that she and I are in a place where she feels comfortable coming to live with us, and I can't wait to see where our relationship goes from here.

The next thing is Fall.  My little girl is starting grade one, and it's going to be hard to have her gone all day, every day.  I will miss her!  Thankfully, our house is right across the street from the school so she can at least come home for lunch every day.  I am also starting my new day home kids full time in September, which will be a big adjustment all around.  For the past two years I have had mostly part time clients, so it will be different to have two kids full time.  In October, I start another new child in my day home, and she will be the youngest I have had yet.  I am a little nervous about how my almost two year old is going to handle having not one, but two children younger than her and needing ample attention.  I think she will adjust fine, but I worry.  The one thing about having three full time children in my day home is that I will actually be making money!  This I am quite excited about.  It has been such a financial struggle in the past few years, and I am excited that soon we won't be stretched so thin.  I might actually have the money to buy myself some new clothes instead of always shopping second hand, or get a haircut or take my kids to a movie once in a while.  This is a kind of freedom we haven't had for years!  Now, it's not like I'll be rolling in the dough, but it will be better, and I am so happy.

So, this gut feeling I had last year that big changes were on the horizon is all coming to fruition, and it is a most exciting time!  Intuition is pretty amazing.  The feeling I had made me able to hope for better, and I was able to look past all the stuff that weighed me down from time to time to see what was coming.  A lifetime of work, prayer and hope is all beginning to pay off.  I have been hoping and praying for fourteen years that my relationship with my sister would be repaired, and now, she is going to live with me again and I can really be the big sister she needs.  I have been working so hard in my day home trying to make it profitable and successful, and it finally will be.  My husband has been breaking his back in jobs he hates since we met eleven years ago, and now he is finally moving into something he loves.  And this is just the beginning.  I can feel it.

1 comment: