Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When it Rains...

Do you ever have months where everything goes wrong?  Do you have times in your life that seem like the whole world is falling down around you?  Well, I'm happy to say goodbye to a month like that.  This January has been a very emotionally draining month for me, and I'm looking forward to an easier, more exciting February.  It WILL be good.  It has to be, because quite frankly, I'm done with emotional stress. 

It seems like that old saying, "When it rains, it pours" is so incredibly accurate.  I've talked to more than one person that has had a month like this, and what a way to start a new year!  I am determined to have a spectacular year, but it's going to have to start with February.  January doesn't count.  I'm going to pretend that it never happened (well, not really, but I want to wipe the slate clean and start my year now).  In February, there are, of course, things I am still dealing with.  My grandfather passed away last weekend, and we are having his memorial.  The residual emotional turmoil from other issues in my life isn't completely resolved, but I am adamant that it will be, and everyone involved will be better for it.  I won't accept anything less.

I realize that I am not completely in control of my circumstances, but I am completely in control of my reactions to them.  I can't control other people, their feelings, their problems, but I can most definitely control myself.  And I intend to. 

So, what can I look forward to in February?  Well, first is my daughter's seventh birthday.  I can't believe I have a seven year old!  But she is remarkable, and I am excited to celebrate it.  Next, I've got more motivation to do fun and exciting things in my day home, and after a very long time of feeling unmotivated and overwhelmed, I am ready to step it up a notch and do my job even better than before.  (Maybe it's the sunshine?)  Lastly, I am going on a vacation with some of my very best girl friends at the end of the month, and I am so excited I can hardly stand it!  Talk about a necessary break!  I think it will be just what I need, and the anticipation of it is just as good.  I got my passport in the mail last week (no, I didn't have one!) and I just about jumped out of my skin!  I literally jumped up and down, and screamed with excitement.  I did.  I just about kissed the mailman, and that's the truth. 

The one thing I know about life is that after having a month like I just did, there is bound to be a light at the end of the tunnel, to quote another cliche.  Things have been so stressful that there just has to be an end, and I truly think it is in sight.  I look forward to saying goodbye to January.  Good riddance!

No comments:

Post a Comment