Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Week Two...Better Than One

I have some major issues with my scale.  We are not friends.  We are not even on speaking terms.  Nope, we pretty much hate each other.  I think my scale wants me to fail!  Yesterday, my scale told me lies.  Blatant, crushing lies.  Yesterday morning, my scale told me I had gained almost eight pounds!  Well, suffice to say, I almost threw it out the window.  This was a number I simply couldn't accept, because there was no possibility that I gained weight this week.  So, I went about my day, pretending that the traumatic experience that started my morning did not, in fact, even happen, and I weighed myself a little later.  I was back down to my starting weight.  So there scale!  I didn't gain weight!

But I wasn't satisfied with that, because I had eaten breakfast and lunch, and had drank a bunch of water before getting on the scale the second time.  I didn't feel like it was an accurate reading still.  So I weighed myself again this morning, just to be sure.  And guess what?  I was down two pounds!  It's not what I was hoping for, but at least I haven't stayed the same or gained.  I think my body was suspended in a vortex yesterday, screwing up my weigh in.  But seriously, I find it very difficult to get what I feel is an accurate reading.

Even this morning, I feel incredibly bloated, and that things aren't "all good" in there, if you know what I mean.  I am trying to figure out what is going on with my digestion and it is proving to be quite the difficult process.  I have never had problems with it before, so this is a new experience for me.  As you know, I am not eating any dairy whatsoever, and I have cut out wheat and red meat.  It's only been a few days though, so I think there are kinks to iron out still with my diet.  I have also started taking psyllium fiber on a daily basis, but again, it's only been a few days.

I am hopeful that I can come back with better results next week!  My goal, now that I have made my diet changes, is to stick to my resolve and stay on track with my eating, and to up the intensity of my workouts.  I am still having a great deal of pain in my knee, so I'm going to have to find some ways to do cardio without aggravating it even more.  I plan on using my Wii quite a bit for that.  I have some great arms and abs workouts on my Jillian Michaels game, and I also have Wii fit, which isn't an intense workout, but could be amped up if I put a little more energy into it than required.  So, wish me luck!  And good luck to all you guys out there pushing for that last ten pounds too.  Let's do this thing!

2 comments:

  1. Take your measurements too!!!! Then your weight won't have all the power ;)

    2 lbs is awesome when its your last ten.. .ahem, last 8 lbs now! Woot, Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been taking measurements too, but I haven't for a few weeks. I need to get on that! Thanks Heather.

    ReplyDelete