Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week Three...Let's See

This is my third week of trying to shed the last ten pounds.  I weighed myself yesterday, and to my dismay, it was the same number as last week.  I've still been feeling bloated and heavy, so I decided to try again this morning, and I was actually down a pound from last week.  So, after a week of still doing my best to eat right, stay away from dairy and gluten, but not a whole lot of exercising, I'll take it.  A pound is a pound.  Now I have 7 ish pounds to go and I've met my goal!  I'm pretty excited to see the day when that number goes into the 140s, a number I haven't seen since probably the beginning of high school, and I resolve this week to do better, exercise more and again, drink more water (which I haven't done well with this week). 

I did suffer a setback today though.  I made my kiddos some pizza buns for lunch, and my oldest has a kindergarten carnival tomorrow for which I volunteered to bake a dozen cupcakes.  Unfortunately, both the pizza buns and the cupcakes mysteriously made their way into my watering mouth.  In my defense, the buns were whole wheat and there wasn't a whole lot of cheese on them (I made the pizzas myself too, so there was very little greasy gross stuff on them), and the cupcakes were made with whole grain whole wheat and organic unrefined sugar...but they had nice, fatty butter icing on top.  Way to make a meal of all the things I've been avoiding!  I know I'm going to pay for it, and I hope it will serve as a remind to myself not to eat things that my tummy doesn't like.  I will do better at supper time, which will be leftovers of a slow cooked chicken and rice with veggies.  And tomorrow is a new day, so instead of feeling guilty for eating pizza and cupcakes, I will look forward to a new day of the final stretch of my weight loss journey.

I hope everyone is having a good week, and not indulging in things that make you sick!

1 comment:

  1. You're TOTALLY on the right track, Dara! 140s would be SO exciting and you will get there - right in time for bikini season :)

    ReplyDelete